The People Advisor role is a senior advisor/junior business partner level
maternity cover position that sits within the People & Culture Function
at Konica Minolta, reporting into the Head of Talent & Business Partnering
This is an exciting opportunity to support and provide specialist guidance, advice and provide case management support regarding employee relation matters including policies and procedures to all leaders for all employees.
Are you a confident coach who can upskill business leaders to respond to employee needs and avoid and mitigate ER issues?
Can you proactively own our ER policies and procedures, review them regularly and seeking continuously to improve them?
What will you be doing …
Who are we looking for and what might you bring ...
- Proactively working with the business to provide effective, accurate and timely professional HR advice and support to key stakeholders/leaders, ensuring guidance is in line with employment law and best practice. This relates to all people related matters, including performance management, absence management, welfare and employee relations cases.
- Supporting the embedding and evolution of the company-wide performance review process including monitoring and assessing the distribution of performance ratings, the fairness of application and lead the delivery of webinars to upskill leaders
- Coaching and building capability in line managers to manage the employment relationship effectively and guiding managers on company policies and procedures as required, running webinars or drop in surgery's as appropriate
- Supporting and guiding leaders with end-to-end case management for all employee relation cases including grievance and disciplinary hearings, probations, capability/performance management, ill-health, absence management ensuring appropriate application of employment law consideration and approach and timely closure of such cases.
- Coordinating and leading in case reviews with the People Partners, identifying key themes for improvement, identification of issues and trends within the business and agreeing actions to improve.
- Leading the people process activities and providing support for change initiatives, including acquisitions, restructures, redundancies, TUPE, redeployment and office closures.
- Conduct/assist with exit interviews and trends as and when required.
- Build strong professional effective relationships with key stakeholders with regular professional liaison and establish yourself as a credible advisor.
- Take ownership and responsibility for ad-hoc projects which align to the People & Culture strategy.
Don't meet every single requirement?
- Experience of advising leaders of people policies, risk mitigation and gathering data to make informed and fair decisions
- Ability to reduce complexity through interpreting rules/regulations and turning this into practical guidance
- Part Qualified CIPD (preferred)
- Experience of gathering people related data/information and connecting this with business operations to drive change/improvement
- Proven track record of effective stakeholder management
- Commitment to continuous professional development
Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Konica Minolta we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles