Tip 3: Check inefficiencies in the production process
But you don't necessarily have to buy new equipment. Sometimes it is smarter to structure processes more efficiently – by digitalization: review the workflows in the production process and rethink the print journey end-to-end. Automated print production in particular brings tangible, measurable benefits. These include low waste and minimal makeready times.
The planning process at many companies is characterized by short-term deadlines and ongoing job adjustments. Production planning with optimized makeready times is hardly possible. The result is double set-up costs. If printers do organize the jobs from order release and planning to the implementation of the production sequence via a digital process chain, they can reduce the administrative effort. New orders can be scheduled automatically on a time-controlled basis, and dynamic optimization automatically calculates a production sequence that is optimized in terms of set-up time.
- Definition of workflow-solutions
- Definition of automated pre-press elements such as colour management, etc.
- integrated quality management
- integration into the ERP system
- PDF workflow without human intervention - regardless of whether it's a long or short run, different types of substrates or different formats
In both disciplines, PP (Production Printing) and IP (Industrial Printing), you can develop modern workflow integration options.